Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting Started


It's been a couple of years since I've fired up my kiln. I've been putting it off because I didn't want to have to re-learn all of the controller settings and firing schedules. But, when I came across a website about bottle slumping I couldn't resist giving it a try! So I dusted out the kiln, scraped off the old kiln wash from the shelves, re-applied a few coats of new wash, and stuck a couple of bottles into the kiln. I used a firing schedule I found online...and my bottles slumped...well they were flat as pancakes when I took them out. My imagination just took off as I thought of all the ways I could use slumped bottles. This is a picture of my first 3 bottles ( 2 were soft drink bottles, 1 was a small beer bottle).



No comments:

Post a Comment