Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Second try.

I got so excited with the flattened bottles that I couldn't wait to fire another set. Not everything went according to plan!



This is what happens when you place bottles too close together. I never had this problem with clay! I decided to hang this in my studio as a reminder that while clay shrinks when fired, bottles ooze...

I liked the outcome of the other bottles from that firing, although I need to experiment with the firing schedule to eliminate clouding.



For some reason, my fake tea lights look like hard-cooked eggs in this picture... I used a slumping mold for this one and really loved the curves that were created. The bottle itself had some clouding which apparently happens during the cooling process. I've read that this can be eliminated if the kiln is cooled quicker. I'll try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment